Sunday, December 27, 2015

Getting ready to host game

Normally on Sundays I post something related to my DF game. Today, not so much.

Partly this is because I had a lot of other things to post about.

But also partly because this week we're gaming mid-week, not on a Sunday.

Also, I'll be hosting.

I haven't hosted a game in probably about a decade. As such, I'm woefully unprepared to do so.

On the bright side, I don't have to worry about getting my minis ready for game. I'll have them all pretty close to hand. All my books, too. I've got nothing to pack.

On the downside, this means I have to hide all of the in-process minis. Can't just leave half-painted giant monsters on the shelf, or have my maps spread out on the wall, or have notes about game pinned to my corkboard. Nope, I have to clear it all out and cover them all up. I'll put some tanks and my IG-88 out to distract them, perhaps.

Also, I need to figure out how many people are coming and cram them all around the table . . . we're not really set up to host a gathering of this sort. We'll manage, though, and I am really happy I can just come home from work, put the lights on, and wait for game to come to me. It's funny how specific hosting gaming is versus hosting friends for dinner or having someone over for a movie.

We'll see how it goes . . . but you should see one more game summary before I do a year-end retrospective of 2015's gaming. It's not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...